Since I discovered Spirulina and Chlorella in 2016, I’ve become obsessed. It’s one of few products I take on a daily basis — even when traveling with just a carry-on. Each tablet contains: 40+ vitamins & minerals, 3x more protein than steak, 48x more iron than spinach, 1000x more chlorophyll than kale, brain supporting omega-3, blood boosting Nitric Oxide, antioxidants, high alkalinity, all with just 1 calorie and 0 sugar. All of this is backed by over 50 years of science and almost 100,000 studies.
Meet our guest
Catherine Arnston is the Founder And CEO Of Energybits®. She started ENERGYbits after her sister was diagnosed with breast cancer and advised by her oncologist that an alkaline diet would help her heal. Catharine immediately sprung into action to help her sister research alkaline foods and in the process she discovered algae. When Catharine learned that algae was the most alkaline, plant-based, nutrient-dense food in the world and had been used for fifty years in Asia to improve health and longevity, she knew she had discovered something big (and yes, her sister fully recovered – thanks for asking). As Catharine dug into the science of algae, she learned it had 64% protein, 40 vitamins/minerals and was endorsed by the United Nations and NASA as the most nutrient dense food in the world. She also discovered 100,000 studies documenting its long list of benefits and it was the most sustainable, eco-friendly food crop in the world. And yet algae remained virtually unknown outside of Asia. Yet algae remained virtually unknown outside of Asia. How could this be possible? Catharine knew algae could be a game-changer for our health, our children and our world if she could only convince people it wasn’t weird. And so ENERGYbits was born.
Thank you to our sponsors
– ENERGYbits Spirulina & Chlorella (save 20% with code NICKURBAN)
– According to NASA: “one gram of algae has the nutritional equivalent of 1,000 grams of fruits and vegetables”
– Spirulina has been endorsed by 50+ Olympic athletes
– United Nations declared Spirulina the answer to world hunger in 1974
– One tablet (the size of a baby aspirin) has the same nutritional content as a full plate of veggies
– Chlorella and Spirulina are micro-algae, a different class than kelp or seaweed
– Full episode show notes: mindbodypeak.com/12
– Music by Luke Hall: soundcloud.com/c_luke_hall
Do you have questions, thoughts or feedback for Catherine or me? Let me know in the comments below and one of us will get back to you!