This is part 2 of my series about my trip to Australia and a new anti-cancer therapy for mast cell tumor called STELFONTA® (tigilanol tiglate)
Be sure to check out part one https://youtu.be/ybBv9Iyjvqc
What is STELFONTA® (tigilanol tiglate)? It is a new intratumor anticancer agent for mast cell tumors in dogs.
It is isolated from the seed of Fontainea picrosperma, or the blushwood fruit, which is only found in the rainforest of Australia. It is a Protein Kinase C activator and stimulates rapid tumor destruction and site healing with good cosmetic outcome usually within 28 days.
It causes direct oncolysis on the first day, then a tumor vascular necrosis and slough on day 4 and tumor destruction on day 7. There is a defect that heals typically without antibiotics and without bandage and intervention by day 28.
In addition to treating cases I saw a range of cases that were a few days post injection, to 4 and 4 weeks, and 3 years post treatment. The clinical trials have been taking place in Australia for a few years.
I am looking forward to it getting FDA approved in the USA – hoping this will be early 2020. In Jan 2020, STELFONTA® (tigilanol tiglate) has been approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA), making it the first pharmaceutical treatment available for all grades of canine non-metastatic mast cell tumours (MCT). Stay tuned for updates.
I am excited to have another tool to treat MCT, especially non-surgical ones in challenging locations.
Looking for more info. Check out the Qbiotics website -www.qbioitcs.com
🇦🇺 RECOMMENDED VLOGS 🇦🇺
• Promising New Cancer Treatment For Pets Vlog 107 https://youtu.be/ybBv9Iyjvqc
• Your Dog has a Mast Cell Tumor, Now What, Part One: Vlog 63 https://youtu.be/3pmq05E8hZg
• Mast Cell Tumors In Dogs Treatment Options, Now What, Part 2 Vlog 64 https://youtu.be/IFuqwtSTR7M
• New Cancer Treatments and Diagnostic Updates in Dogs & Cats: Vlog 75 https://youtu.be/tCT-EJV0bkY
• How to Detect Cancer Early in Dogs and Cats: VLOG 73: https://youtu.be/1fHwHAUFgC8
• What To Do When Your Pet Gets Cancer VLOG 78: https://youtu.be/2-XhxnXqttA
🇦🇺 Here are some helpful links 🇦🇺
* Qbiotics: https://qbiotics.com/
• Looking for a specialist (cancer specialist or other)? https://vetspecialists.com/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DrSueCancerVet/
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drsuecancervet/
⭐️ Get your calipers here and use code DRSUE2020 for 15% off ⭐️
⭐️ If you have any recommendations or suggestions, please leave us a comment. Dr Sue is also on Instagram and Facebook, so or visit Dr Sue there and send us a message! We’d love to hear from you!
⭐️ Make sure you SUBSCRIBE to this channel and check out all our videos, tips, and information to #KickCancersButt!
⭐️ Now please SHARE this video with your friends and family and give us a THUMBS UP if you liked the video! Thanks for watching! xoxo